I have always been a curious person who loves discovering new things and trying new experiences. Until a certain point in my life, I have lived the life every young adult has in this modern society. I have done my studies, got a job and then another job, I have changed the city, I have even changed the country in search of something… I guess now I can say I was in search of myself.
So one of the best advice I can give from my experience is just to stop for a second and reduce all the noise around you, all the distractions and all the useless things that keep your mind busy.. and just listen.
Listen truly to your inner voice and see where it leads you.
When I start doing that more than following what others say or do I start focusing more on myself and what my body and mind needs to be good. So I slowly start making the changes in my life that are more suited for me and who I am and one of the best decision I made was to quit my job and travel and here are some of the benefits of that:
- First of all, to travel means you get out of your normal routine, your habits, your circle of friends and the safe environment you have created for yourself. That implies your mind is connected into the present moment where you have to discover the surroundings, analyse, make choices and act upon these choices.
- Also, a new environment comes with new information, new ways of doing things, new perspectives. It will open your eyes towards new horizons and see that sometimes there are more than just one way to overcome a problem.
- Having to meet new people will definitely boost your confidence as you will have to interact with strangers, make new friends, be more open-minded.
- Travelling gives you the opportunity to discover yourself and what you like, your limits and your strengths. Is a journey of exploring oneself along with exploring new environments.
- Learning through your own experience is really important in human’s life so travelling gives you the opportunity to do just that. You are actively creating new experiences for yourself and the knowledge that arises from that is invaluable and something no money in the world can buy.
- Travelling makes you discover other cultures, other people and ways of life and undoubtedly will make you question about your own life. It will open your eyes in many ways and it will change your physically and mentally.
- Travelling improves your health and is strongly recommended for people suffering from depression and anxiety as it disconnects them from their state of mind.
- Travelling makes you more tolerant and more understanding of different cultures. You will gain knowledge from different parts of the world that you cant have access if you stay live just in one place.
- Travelling gives you the opportunity to socialise and make new friends. Even if you are shy or introvert having put in situations where you have to interact with other people will improve your skills and make you gain new friends and even life-lasting relationships.
- Travelling will make you a storyteller and an adventurer. Meeting people from different parts of the world, different cultures and living different experiences, some of them good some of them hilarious, adventurous, will give you the opportunity to become a good storyteller and pass your knowledge to others as well. You will be able to exchange information, knowledge passions with similar people around the world
At the end of each journey, you will have great memories and things that will stay with you for the rest of your life. It will definitely change you and put things into perspective and maybe it will make you find your way as it did to so many travellers around the world.